When you have a new baby in the family, there are several things that you just have to get right with the baby. One of these is with regard to the issue of dressing. Clothing your infants is not something that comes naturally but is an art and lifestyle that you have to go out of your way to acquire.
To Consult: The Best Pediatrician in Mumbai
You need to know how to select the right clothes for your baby before you go shopping, know the proper way to dress the baby and find out how to handle the clothes’ washing, among other factors. In this post, we have mentioned a few tips that may help you in cloth selection.
5 Things to Consider While Cloth Shopping For Your Baby
- Check the seams by turning the garment inside out and ensuring that nothing scratches or pokes along the seam.
Must Read: Clothing Your Infants
- Double-check the backs of all metal zippers, snaps and appliques to ensure that they don’t cause discomfort.
- Avoid clothing with tight elastic bands at the waist, arms, and neck as they can be a cause for great discomfort. Tug the elastic gently to see how much it gives before making a decision.
- Be on the lookout for items that can end up in your baby’s mouth and pose a potential hazard.
- Always check the fabric. You should check the labels and remember that cotton shrinks by up to 10%, natural fabrics are great on the baby’s skin, cotton/polyester is budget-friendly and does not wrinkle, and thin fabrics won’t last long.
After every shopping expedition or receipt of a baby gift remember that your baby’s skin is sensitive and some clothes have irritants and other residues that are not good for your baby. You must, therefore, wash every clothing item before use to be on the safe side.
To Read More: About Why does my newborn breathe so fast?
Want to consult the Best Pediatricians in India? Please find the links below.
- Best Pediatricians in Bangalore
- Top Pediatricians in Chennai
- Best Pediatric Doctor in Mumbai
- Top Children’s Specialist near me in Pune
- Best Child Specialist doctor in Chandigarh
- Top Pediatrician near me in Gurgaon
- Best Pediatrician doctors in Noida