After having welcomed your baby into the world, there are several things that you need to look forward to and be in the know on what to expect and things you need to do. One of these is giving your baby a bath. It must be said from the outset that your baby does not need to be bathed on a daily basis but should practice what is known as ‘topping and tailing,’ which is washing their face, neck bottom, and hands each day with care until they start crawling around. We are not going to delve into the ‘how’ of bathing your baby but will instead concentrate on a few vital points that you must keep in mind during the process.
Want to consult an expert? Find the best pediatrician in Mumbai
Keep in Mind That
- Every ‘first’ for and with your baby is a very special moment that should be documented. Keep the camera ready for this moment and record everything.
- During the first week, it is preferable and advisable to give your baby a sponge bath. Wash the baby’s face and hands on a frequent basis using a damp, warm washcloth. Also, clean the genital area thoroughly after every diaper change.
You can begin giving your baby a bathtub bath once the umbilical cord stump has dried, fallen off, and the area is healed. You can employ a small baby tub for this purpose.
- Never leave the baby unattended in the water even for a second due to a knock on the door, a phone call, or any other reason.
- Wait until the water has stopped running before putting your baby in the tub.
- Make sure the room is warm enough and all the things that you need including the change of clothes are in place.
Must Read: Baby Health and Skincare Tips
The fact that you should never leave your baby unattended or in the bath while the water is running can never be over emphasized enough. Children can drown in less than an inch of water in a minute. Leaving the water running can result in the water getting too deep.
Must Read: The Science Behind Baby Massages
Want to consult the Best Pediatricians in India? Please find the links below.
- Best Pediatricians in Bangalore
- Top Pediatricians in Chennai
- Best Pediatric Doctor in Mumbai
- Top Children’s Specialist near me in Pune
- Best Child Specialist doctor in Chandigarh
- Top Pediatrician near me in Gurgaon
- Best Pediatrician doctors in Noida